General medicine is a specialized field that provides general health care to the adult population. It has a multidisciplinary character and integrates knowledge from various medical specializations.
In 2014, a new compulsory subject General Medicine for students of the 5th year was created at the Faculty of Medicine. For the first 5 years it was listed as “Family Medicine” within “Internal Medicine”. Since the school year 2019/2020 it is a separate subject called General Medicine. It is a compulsory, evaluated, credited course. The aim of creating a separate subject General Medicine is to become medical students more familiar with the work of general practitioners, to inform them about the possibility of postgraduate study in the form of a resident program. The first guarrantee of the subject General medicine was MUDr. Beata Spanikova PhD.
Since the school year 2023/2024 is the next guarrantee of the subject General medicine Assoc. Prof. MUDr. Marek Kučera, PhD., MHA, MPH, which is also guarrantee for postgraduates (specialty training) education for gerenal practiotioners.
Assoc. Prof. MUDr. Marek Kučera, PhD., MHA, MPH
VITACARE, s. r. o., general practitioner office, Kráľová pri Senci č. 378, 900 50,
02/20 20 20 80
Kráľová pri Senci
VITACARE, s. r. o., general practitioner office, Štefániková 17, 900 01,
TRAINING WORKPLACES for the Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University
- general practitioner offices for practical training in the fith year of study.
Winter semester 2023/2024
When ? week from 3 - 7 (monday), 18:30 h
Where? Moskovská 2, Bratislava, auditorium M6
Winter semester 2023/2024 - schedule for groups:
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
The intership must be completed at the latest 15.12.2023 !
Assoc. Prof. Marek Kučera, PhD., MHA, MPH (Kráľová pri Senci or Modra) - rural or urban office: gr.9A
MUDr. Špániková Beata, PhD. (Bratislava) - urban office: gr. 9B
MUDr. Valéria Machová Husarovičová, PhD., MHA, MPH (Bratislava) - urban office: gr. 10
MUDr. Jana Bendová, PhD., MPH, MBA (Veľký Biel) - rural office: gr. 11
MUDr. Silvia Masaryková (Bratislava) - urban office: gr. 12
MUDr. Michal Kovár (Bratislava) - urban office: gr. 13
MUDr. Lipovský Peter (Miloslavov) - rural office: gr. 14
MUDr. Dominika Šafárová (Pezinok) - urban office: gr. 15
MUDr. Nikola Viszlaiová (Bratislava) - urban office: ERASMUS students
Each student can choose any training office also from the list below, regardless of the office assigned to them and after prior agreement with the trainer.
We recommend students to experience a unique and specific practice in rural offices as well.
MUDr. Peter Bakič (Trnava or Zavar) - urban and rural office
MUDr. Monika Palušková, PhD., MPH, MBA, LL.M. (Bátorove Kosyhy) - rural office
MUDr. Martina Jandzíková (Žilina) - urban office
MUDr. Xénia Wöstmann (Streda nad Bodrogom) - urban office
MUDr. Adriana Orechovská (Melčice - Lieskové) - rural office
1. practical internship in the general office (the student can choose from the list): 1 day, anytime during actual semester
- the student must contact (by phone or email) the trainer at the acredited training offices (listed in contacts) and arrange an internship at the office in time
- the trainer trains optimally one, maximum two students in one day - so arrange the internship in time !
2. the trainer evaluates the student´s knowledge, his activity and presence
3. the student is required to prepare a structured evaluation sheet in which he briefly describes his first day in the general office and the most interesting case study ... should be sent to: ustav.vld.bagmail.com.
- Evaluation_sheet.docxAfter completing the internship, the student is obliged to fill out the evaluation form and send it to the address: email@example.com