Institute of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University in Bratislava was granted accreditation to two language programmes by UNIcert® LUCE (Language Accreditation Unit for Universities in Central Europe) in 2016:
- English for Health Sciences - level C1 – UNIcert® III
- German for Health Sciences - level C1 – UNIcert® III
Currently, we offer only English for Health Sciences - level C1 – UNIcert® III
UNIcert® III is an international educational and testing programme which is the only academic educational language programme in central Europe which:
- provides professionally and academically oriented language instruction for specific purposes on a high level,
- provides a possibility to obtain a certificate of language competence on advanced level C1 – proficient user (effective operational proficiency, according to CEFR),
- supports students´ mobility (study placement at a university abroad),
- proves high language competence in pertinent field for future employers.
The programme reflects particular conditions at our faculty and requirements of UNIcert® LUCE. It covers two semesters of language instruction for specific purposes – medicine, according to the Schedule of full-time study at FM CU and an additional 48-hour language course (2 semesters). The requirement of 120 contact lessons of instruction is thus fulfilled. The costs of tuition, examination and certification are paid by the student.
The framework directives of the system UNICert® as a programme of foreign language instruction for specific purposes was set by the Language Centre of Technical University in Dresden, German Association of Language Centres, Language Teaching Institutes and Institutes of Foreign Languages in 1991. This programme is a respond to the processes of uniting Europe, new forms of cooperation between European universities, especially students´ mobility and growing internationalisation of trade, industry, science and research. UNIcert® programme can be accredited at four levels (I – IV), corresponding to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages B1– C2 and the following documents are closely linked to it:
1.European professional language biography
2.European language portfolio for university students
For more information contact: email@example.com