Nursing II - 1st year GM, summer semester
Upon completion of this course the student will acquire basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in Nursing 2.
After successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- describe the principles of injection preparation and administration,
- explain the principles of intravenous fluid therapy preparation and administration,
- interpret the principles of blood transfusion therapy preparation and administration,
- describe the principles of surgical wound management,
- use theoretical knowledge in performing of professional nursing procedures in health care.
After successful completion of the course student will be able to demonstrate:
- practical skills in injection preparation and administration (intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous),
- practical skills in intravenous fluid therapy administration,
- practical skills in blood transfusion therapy administration,
- practical skills in surgical wound management,
- practical skills in roll bandage wrapping techniques.
Injection administration (intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous injection preparation and administration). Intravenous fluid therapy (preparation of infusion container, cannulation and administration of intravenous fluid therapy via cannula). Blood transfusion therapy (preparation and assistance). Surgical wound management (dressing trolley preparation, sterile table set – up, basic surgical instruments, assistance in wound redressing, assistance in wound drainage site redressing). Bandaging (roll bandage wrapping techniques).
Polhorská, M. Grežďová, I., 2018. Professional nursing procedures 2. Textbook for general medicine study programme. 1st edition. Slovak Academic Press s.r.o., Bratislava, 2018. 104 p.