Accredited study programmes
|Study programme||Study mode||Degree (MD)||Standard length of studies||PP-Programmes taught in English|
|General Medicine||full-time||MUDr.||6 years||200|
Deadlines for submitting application form and required documents:
24th of May, 2019 (for June EE dates)
15th of July, 2019 (for August EE dates)
Dates of the EE:
24th, 25th of June 2019
15th, 16th of August 2019
Place of the EE:
Large Auditory, Sasinkova 4, Faculty of Medicine Comenius University in Bratislava
June EE dates (24th, 25th of June 2019) registration from 1st of March, 2019
August EE dates (15th, 16th of August, 2019) registration from 25st of May, 2019
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (EE) – ACCEPTATION OF THE DOCUMENTS/INFORMATION
1. Application form
- duly filled in Application Form for each study programme separately sent online + printed, filled in and signed Application Form delivered to the Study Department of the Faculty till the deadline.
Important: date of EE to be selected and the signature of the Applicant.
- any changes after the deadlines are strictly forbidden. For the purpose of admission procedure only original application can be accepted.
2. EE administration fee
- for each study programme separately in the amount of EUR 80 paid to the bank account of the Faculty:
Name of Bank: State Treasury
Name of the bank account: Lekarska fakulta UK v Bratislave
IBAN: SK09 8180 0000 0070 0008 3004
Constant symbol: 0308
Variable symbol: 20194
Please insert a message for recipient for identification of payment:"EE fee - name and surname of applicant"
- 70€ fee is refundable in the case the applicant announces in written form his/her decision of application withdrawal till 24th of May, 2019 at latest (EE in June 2019) and till 15th of July, 2019 at latest (EE in August 2019). In the case that applicant fails to take part in the EE, all fees associated with the admission procedure are considered non-refundable.
3. Photocopy of passport / ID Card.
Required documents :
4. General Certificate of Education Advanced Level – to submit an official translation into Slovak language, made by so-called court translator. We do recommend to have 2 translated GCSE, the second shall be used to get a Certificate on acknowledging the equivalence of documents on education – the Validation procedure.
5. Birth Certificate - to submit an official translation into Slovak language, made by so-called court translator.
Important: all submitted copies of the originals documents have to be certified by a Notary/Registrar, only after that they may be translated into Slovak language. Should all requested documents not be submitted in the Slovak language, the applicant shall not be allowed to participate in EE.
6. Certificate about vaccination against hepatitis B – Under Article 38 (2). In accordance with Study rules of the Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Bratislava regarding health safety and health protection, student must undergo obligatory vaccination against B hepatitis.
7. 3 pictures (3,5 x 4,5 photopaper) - please put your surname on the back of photo
Important: without all required documents the applicant shall not be allowed to participate in EE.
- after the Faculty shall notify the student that he/she was admitted to the study, the applicant is obliged to begin with the Validation Procedure without any delay.
Request necessary for District Office Bratislava
Validation of General Certificate of Secondary school (Procedure of Validation)
EE - form and content
- the test is in the written form in English language and consists 100 questions from Biology and 100 questions from Chemistry. Duration of the EE test is 3 hours. Applicant can acquire maximum of 800 points,
- the EE are carried out for each study programme separately; the scores from one EE cannot be accepted in other study programme,
- tests assessment is anonymous, by scanning individual answer sheets on the basis of individually assigned identification codes,
- admission requirements for study according to the number of obtained points from the EE test,
- information about results of applicants will be available at the faculty webpage www.fmed.uniba.sk/en/ at the day of the EE according to individually assigned identification codes and on the notice board of the Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Bratislava, Sasinkova 4.
Important : one study programme = one application form= one fee= one entrance examination= in one academic year.
- application form has to be registered in AIS (electronic application form). Subsequently only original complete and signed application form (with date of EE) delivered to study department will be registered and accepted.
- it is not possible to carry out any changes after deadline. Any changes after the deadline (for the entrance examinations in June 2019) or for that matter after deadline (for the entrance examinations in August 2019) are strictly forbidden. For the purpose of admission procedure only original application can be accepted. Faculty does not require submission of the secondary school records.
NEW BOOKLETS for entrance examinations for the academic year 2019/2020 are available now
- Faculty of Medicine offers to all applicants Materials for the Entrance Examination from Biology and Chemistry in printed form or in PDF format.
The Biology Booklet contains 750 questions from biology. Each question offers 8 possible answers. Similarly, also the Chemistry Booklet contains 750 questions from chemistry. Each question also offers 8 possible answers.
At the end of each booklet there are correct answers available. As in the past, the entrance examination test will contain 100 questions from biology and 100 questions from chemistry (randomly selected) and each question will offer 4 possible answers.
The price of 2 booklets in PDF format (biology + chemistry together) is EUR 10.
The test will contain ONLY questions presented in booklets in printed form/PDF format booklet published by the Faculty of Medicine Comenius University in Bratislava and sent to you from the Study department of the FMCU in Bratislava.
The FMCU in Bratislava is not responsible for any other version of questions or tests that you will receive from unauthorized sources.
The price of booklets in printed form (biology + chemistry together) is EUR 15. Booklets are available to be purchased at the Cash Desk at the Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Bratislava, Špitálska 24, 813 72 Bratislava.
Materials may be delivered by post to your correspondence address after the payment of:
- to EU countries – EUR 25 (including the charge for shipping EUR 10);
- to other countries in the world – EUR 32 (including the charge for shipping EUR 17).
Payment is to be transferred to our bank account:
IBAN: SK09 8180 0000 0070 0008 3004
Please insert a message for the recipient: "Booklet - name and surname of the applicant".
As soon as you pay for the booklets, send us please a confirmation on payment (scanned copy) and your correspondence address where to send them to an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org +4212 90119 862. We will send you the booklets immediately.
Syllabus for Entrance examination:
- Faculty of Medicine does not provide accommodation, insurance for students studying in English programmes
- information about foreign police: process
- guide to administrative duties: navigation
- guide to administrative duties:pdf form
- students can find employment in medical and pharmaceutical organisations as well as in the field of pedagogy
If you have some specific educational needs because of specific learning disability or other a medical condition, you can contact coordinator for students with special educational need:
prof. MUDr. Ján Pečeňák, PhD., tel.: 02/572 9073