COST is the longest-running European framework supporting trans-national cooperation among researchers, engineers and scholars from COST Memeber Countries and Cooperating State.
It is a unique means for them to jointly develop their own ideas and new initiatives across all fields in science and technology, including social sciences and humanities, through pan-European networking.
COST ACTIONS are effective networking instrument for researchers, engineers and scholars to cooperate and coordinate nationally funded research activities.
Basic conditions :
- Minimum 7 COST Member Countries and/or Cooperating State
- Max. 2 representatives from each country
- Duration : 4 years
- Average Annual Budget : 130 000 EUR
- COST does not fund research
- COST supports the following networking tools: Meetings, Conferences, Workshops, Short-term scientific exchanges, Training schools and Dissemination Activities
- Submitting a proposal for a new COST Action
- Joining an existing COST Action - overview of all running and past actions
Open to researchers:
- in universities, research centers, large and small, public and private organizations from any science and technology field
- at any career stage
- having any original, innovative idea